UW Information Technology
Computing Infrastructure provides system design and administration, software engineering and operational support for academic and administrative systems and research computing.
This division is responsible for:
- Applications Engineering: Designs, deploys and supports a variety of University-wide applications, infrastructure, developer tools and internal applications for UW-IT.
- Application Integration Services: Develops and operates Web APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and enterprise middleware, and implements best practices for integration architecture and strategy.
- Data Centers: Provides technical management of enterprise data centers, router rooms and other critical facilities infrastructure resources and services.
- Identity and Access Management: Helps the UW community manage access to online resources by providing services for identity registration, accounts and passwords, access management, authentication, and federation; services include UW NetIDs, UW Groups, ASTRA access management, InCommon federation and more.
- Research Computing: Assists UW researchers in understanding, selecting and using appropriate UW-IT resources for their large-scale compute, data analysis and backup/archive needs.
- Service Management Office: Implements IT Service Management as a best practice framework to ensure that services provided by UW-IT align with the University’s current and future needs.
- Servers and Storage: Designs, implements and operates enterprise-level virtual and physical servers, as well as data storage services; oversees research computing and managed workstations.
Assistant Vice President
Email | 206-685-4179
UW Mailbox: 354843
Executive Assistant to the Assistant Vice President
Email | 206-543-8827
UW Mailbox: 354844