The University of Washington Asian and Pacific Islander American Faculty and Staff Association (APIAFSA) fosters and promotes a visible and supportive campus community for APIA faculty and staff.
The purpose of APIAFSA is to:
* Increase education and dialogue on issues affecting Asian and Pacific Islander Americans
* Support leadership and career development and advancement among APIA faculty and staff
* Advocate for issues in higher education that affect APIA faculty and staff
* Assist in the recruitment, support and retention of APIA faculty and staff
* Provide opportunities for professional and social networking amongst APIA faculty and staff
* Foster the exchange of diverse intellectual, social, cultural, and political perspectives
* Work in collaboration with other UW affinity groups and units to build a diverse, inclusive, engaging, intellectual and social learning environment for all at the UW.
2009-2010 Leadership Team:
- Chanira Reang Sperry, Co-Chair (staff), Undergraduate Advising
- Anand Yang, Co-Chair (faculty), Jackson School of International Studies
- James Fesalbon, Finance Chair, Public Health
- Jenelle Ebisu, Events Co-Chair, UW Club
- Linda Ando, Events Co-Chair, Office of Minority Affairs/Diversity
- Cynthia del Rosario, Public Relations Team, iSchool and College of Education
- Leah Panganiban, Public Relations Team, Undergraduate Advising
- Henry Lui, Public Relations Team: Web Site, Undergraduate Academic Affairs
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the APAFSUW
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to APAFSUW by filling out the following
This is a closed list, which means your subscription
will be held for approval. You will be notified of the list
moderator's decision by email. This is also a private list, which means that the
list of members is not available to non-members.
For persons outside the UW
If you do not have a UW NetID and want to subscribe,
enter your email address and name (optional) below. A password will be
assigned to you and sent to your email address.