Our world-renowned researchers and health care providers are working together to improve the human condition here and around the globe.
The UW is a major contributor in compiling a comprehensive listing of all the working parts of the human genome. UW genome scientist Dr. John A. Stamatoyannopolous (left) led several major Project ENCODE related studies. Learn More
Explore Healthy Lives
The UW is an acknowledged leader in medical research, from understanding how the human body works to developing effective treatments and cures.
Health at Home & Around the Globe
From Medicine, Nursing and Public Health, to Pharmacy, Dentistry and Social Work, we are making a difference in people’s health and lives here and around the globe.
Society & the Human Condition
Through education, research and service, the UW is committed to solving human problems, enhancing quality of life and promoting a more humane society.
Who We Are
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Long-Term Kidney Dialysis
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- New Treatments for Autism
- Smallpox Eradication
- Medic One Emergency Services
- Brain Power: Why Early Learning Matters
- The Golden Age of Global Health: An Ethnology in Progress
- UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics “Health Checklist”
- Health Care and a Healthy Society
Healthy Lives Fact Sheet (PDF)