Report to Campus
- PDF version
- Flip book version
Did You Know?
- The University of Washington made the “Green Rating Honor Roll” from The Princeton Review and the U.S. Green Building Council in their third annual edition of The Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- UW was named the 11th “most-buzzed” university on the Internet. The Global Language Monitor’s TrendTopper MediaBuzz rankings measured 210 universities and 200 colleges on their “brand equity,” using social media data, the blogosphere and both print and electronic media. Read the article “25 Most-Buzzed Universities on the Internet.”
Tomorrow’s University Today
President Michael K. Young recently launched Tomorrow’s University Today, a new initiative that focuses on three key areas:
- Leading change in public higher education
- Turning the UW inside out to apply multidisciplinary expertise to K – 12 education and early learning; sustainability and clean energy; health care and social welfare
- Driving our economic future
The initiative builds on the UW’s long-standing commitment to addressing the world’s most complex challenges. Visit tomorrow.uw.edu to learn more.
This Just In . . .
Check back often for the latest updates from the world of External Affairs at the University of Washington!
- 2013-2014 resident undergraduate tuition
After many years of declining state support, lawmakers made a substantial reinvestment in higher education in the 2013-2015 state operating budget. This reinvestment in higher education will allow the university to provide more affordable tuition rates for Washington’s students and their families without compromising on the quality of a UW education.
Fact sheet: Resident undergraduate tuition
- UW aerospace research in the news
KING 5 covered the inaugural Joint Center for Aerospace Research Technology Innovation (JCATI) symposium held on campus yesterday. Read more about it from UW Office of State Relations.
- Science EXPO Day is Saturday
Don't miss science EXPO day this Saturday at the Pacific Science Center. This fun, one-day event featuring activities, demos and performances celebrates STEM (science, technology, education and math) and shows how important they are to the Puget Sound region. Program highlights and schedule are available here.
- Upcoming campus event to focus on the future of aerospace
The Joint Center for Aerospace Research Technology Innovation (JCATI) will hold its inaugural symposium on Monday, June 24 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the University of Washington's Seattle campus. This symposium will include an industry panel discussing the major challenges in aerospace and the role of innovation. The panel, moderated by Roger Myers of Aerojet, will include industry leaders from the commercial airplane industry, space, UAV, and NextGen/big data sectors.
A university panel titles "The Academy's Role in Innovation" will host campus leaders from the UW, WSU and MIT. For more information, click here.
- Governor Inslee announces four new members of the Student Achievement Council
Yesterday Governor Jay Inslee announced four appointments to the Student Achievement Council. The Office of State Relations covered the announcement in their newest blog post.
Read more news