- On This Page
- Cell Phone Costs
- Cell Phones for UW Departments
- Cell Phones for Personal Use
- Lost or Stolen Cell Phones
- Surplus old Cell Phones
- Ethics and Policies
Cell Phone Costs
Discounts Available to the UW and UW Employees
Special discounts and benefits with both AT&T and T-Mobile range from 15% to 21% for UW Departments, 15% - 18% for employees, 10% - 15% for students, and University affiliated organizations. Other vendors may also offer discounts:
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Cell Phones and Devices
Cell Phones for UW Departments
Place orders directly with the vendor via any of the wireless carrier’s websites. Our preferred vendors are AT&T and T-Mobile. Your department head has access to the wireless carrier’s website and should be able to grant you access. These cell phones and cellular services must be charged to a University of Washington Procurement Card (UW ProCard). See Cell Phone Service for more details.
If purchasing a Smartphone, see Smartphones and Tablets.
Cell Phones for Personal Use
Personal Cell Phones and Discounts Available to UW Employees
Special discounts and benefits with both AT&T and T-Mobile have been negotiated. Discounts range from 15% - 18% for employees and 10% - 15% for students, and are available to employees of the University and affiliated organizations. Other vendors may also offer discounts. Contact the vendors for more information:
- Contact one of the AT&T Retail Stores or request access to the AT&T Premier Web Portal by clicking the link below.
RETAIL STORE LOCATIONS:
- MAIN CAMPUS - University Village Store – (206) 729-7184; 4626 25th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98105
- BOTHELL CAMPUS – Woodinville Store – (425) 402-9797; 18021 Garden Way NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- TACOMA CAMPUS – Lincoln Plaza Store – (253) 671-0966; 2505 S. 38th St. Tacoma, WA 98409
- TO VIEW OTHER LOCATIONS - http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/
- General Sales Support & Customer Service: 1-800-331-0500, or visit an AT&T retail location or store.
- Identify yourself as a University of Washington or affiliated employee and use FAN # Faculty/Staff – 2406456; Students - 2850396.
AT&T PREMIER WEB PORTAL:
- ONLINE ORDERS - For your personal account via the AT&T Premier Portal visit:
- Faculty/Staff: http://att.com/wireless/huskies
- Students: http://att.com/wireless/gohuskies
- ONLINE ORDER SUPPORT - For questions or difficulties with placing an order via this portal, contact Premier Customer Service at the following #:
- Premier Technical Support & Navigation Issues: 800-845-9681
- Premier Activations, Pending & Cancelled Orders: 866-499-8008
- DISCOUNT PROGRAM ENROLLMENT – New and current AT&T subscribers can enroll in the discount program via this link https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/. NOTE - Discounts can take 1-2 billing cycles to reflect on your bill.
GENERAL CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Call 800-331-0500 regarding your personal AT&T account; billing; service plan changes; etc.
- Discounts: Faculty and staff 18%, students 10%
- Current T-Mobile subscribers can call 1-877-453-8824 (Sunday - Saturday 3:00 a.m. PST - 10:00 p.m. PST) to apply the discount to your account. The discount is not available on all rate plans and requires a 2 year agreement.
- To learn more about the benefits available through T-Mobile, visit the T-Mobile Advantage Site. Or Call (866) 464-8662 option 3 to speak with a T-Mobile representative about specials. Reference promo code 2990TMOFAV.
- Discounts: Faculty, staff, and students 15%
- Sheri Bucy
Sprint Account Manager
- Verizon Wireless
- Existing customers can sign up for a 17% discount here:
- Add lines or upgrade here:
- New customer information and purchasing:
A link to the employee website will be emailed to you when your email address is registered.
Major Accounts Manager - Government
Lost or Stolen Cell Phones
If a cell phone is lost or stolen,it is extremely important to immediately contact your relevant cellular vendor directly to avoid or minimize the accrual of unauthorized charges.
To report lost or stolen cell phones:
- Notify the relevant cellular vendor directly to request your account be suspended:
• AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular Wireless): 1-800-888-7600
• Nextel: 1-800-639-6111
• T-Mobile: 1-800-937-8997
• Verizon Wireless: 1-800-922-0204
- Inform the police: In addition to notifying your vendor, report the loss to the appropriate police department, based on where the loss or theft occurred.
NOTE: UW Police Department will take a report for either a lost or a stolen phone that is UW property. A local police agency, including Seattle Police Department, will most likely only take a report for a stolen phone.
- If the cell phone is lost or stolen on campus Call UW Police Department at 206-543-9331 to make a report.
- If the cell phone is lost or stolen outside of UW campuses, contact the local police agency where the crime occurred.
Cell Phone Disposal (Surplus)
University of Washington owned/operated cell phones must be sent to UW Surplus for proper disposal.
NOTE: Be sure that, before cell phones and cellular devices are sent to Surplus, service has been disconnected and their memory, which may contain contact names, outgoing/incoming phone call details, notes, calendar events, etc., are completely wiped out.
- The user handbook that comes with the cell phone provides information about wiping the cell phone’s memory.
- If such handbook is not readily available, the following site may be helpful for instructions about wiping out cell phone’s memory: http://www.recellular.com/recycling/data_eraser/default.asp
Ethics and Policies:
- Information Security Advisory
- RCW 46.61.667: Using a wireless communications device while driving
- Advisory Opinion 05-01 Use of State Resources/Cell Phones – September 9, 2005
- Washington State Cellular Use Guidelines