Husky Promise® Admissions Home FAQ Contact Us Search
Financial Aid All of UW   

Child Care Assistance Program and the Student Parent Resource Center

If you have children age 12 or younger who will need child care during the academic year, you may be eligible for child care assistance offered through the University's Student Parent Resource Center.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Enrolled at UW Seattle
  • In a program where you pay Service & Activity Fees
  • Meet low income limitations

Students attending UW Bothell or UW Tacoma should apply at their respective campuses for child care assistance.

Child Care Locations

This program helps pay costs at any state licensed or certified facility in the Puget Sound area. Available is a list of licensed day care providers currently being used by UW students.

To Apply

Although the priority deadline for applying for child care assistance for the 2013-14 aid year has passed, if you are in need of assistance, you may complete a late application. If you qualify, your name will be placed on a waiting list in case additional funds become available.

To apply for the 2013-14 school year, you will need to complete a Child Care Assistance Application to the Student Parent Resource Center by the priority deadline of April 30, 2013. In addition you will need to have submitted a 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

If you are an international student, you must complete the International Student Financial Statement and provide a copy of your I-20. Submit both forms to the Student Parent Resource Center. International students do not need to complete a FAFSA.


The amount of child care assistance is determined by the ages(s) of your children and your enrollment status. If you are attending less than full-time, your assistance is also determined by your class level and number of credits you are enrolled in for the quarter. View the attached list for voucher amounts.

Award notices for 2013-2014 will be sent in June 2013.

Acceptance of Award

After you have been awarded assistance, in order to receive aid, you must read and agree to the terms and conditions in the Program Policies and Student's Responsibility Agreement.

In addition, you must complete the following forms:

  • Student Parent Agreement Acceptance Form
  • Childcare Enrollment Form

Receiving Aid

Funds are disbursed to students via direct deposit through the UW student account system after the 2nd Friday of the quarter (census day).

At the end of each quarter in which you received assistance, you are required to submit a Quarterly Cost Verification form. This form provides state and university auditors end of the quarter retroactive and actual proof of charges and payments by the student-parent.

  • Quarterly Cost Verification form for 2013-14

Changing Stations

There are several changing stations located throughout campus.

  • Allen Library, North Wing, Ground Floor - G81D Women's Restroom & G81C Men's Restroom
  • HUB, 3rd floor - Gender-neutral restroom next to Rom 337
  • Social Work, 1st Floor women's Restroom
  • South Campus Center, 2nd Floor - 231 Women's Restroom & 229 Men's Restroom
  • Edmundson Pavilion, West Concourse - Women's & Men's Restrooms

Additional Information

Additional information about child care is available from the Student Parent Resource Center, Room 180 Schmitz Hall (206-543-1041). Office hours are Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.; 12 noon - 5 p.m.